Sunday 30 March 2014

Checkmate!!


The sun was shining today so that means only one thing a matching two-piece!
So I stepped out in the British sun wearing a white and black checkerboard effect, an asymmetric skirt and contrasting bommer jacket. It was clear that I was playing no games as I finished this look with a pop of neon green court shoes just to give it that edgy vibe that’s needed when putting together an outfit. Checkmate!
So, I hate it when people say that it costs too much to look good and be stylish and hit all the recent trends.
Todays outfit is a perfect example of ‘The Great British High Street’ in all its glory.
There is no excuse to look drab if you’re in desperate need off a new outfit when you have Primark in close reach!
It is so affordable and yes you may have to be selective with your choices but I can guarantee that no matter what season I would always be able to pick a cool, affordable and trendy outfit from this store! So get looking guys!
Down to their on trend shoes, their sassy clutch bags, their key must have pieces, sexy underwear or even their gym wear can’t disappoint my cravings when the budget is a little low. It’s a must, must, must.
Things I would say to look out for when shopping in Primark is the cut of the fabric so take time to look at the product and make sure that the alignment of the fabric is perfect as sometimes they can cut the fabric without matching the pattern at centre front or side seams so be aware that every piece is different. I advise you pick up a few of the same item in the size you want and inspect the clothing as garments will vary even within the same style. I spent time to make sure that the checks were centred at the front and again at the side seams. This little trick will make you look less Primark more high-end fashion.
When shopping in cheaper stores such as Primark you have to think about the bigger picture. I know I say this a lot but if you pull your outfit together with something a little more expensive people will not notice where it is from. You overall look will scream chic! chic! chic!
In the look I’m rocking today I pulled it together with the neon shoes £50 River Island, which I must say is a great buy. Bright shoes can make an outfit so think bold think bright. Why not right? Summer is almost here so embrace it!
Ohhh and I must not forget to say ‘the perfect way to look catwalk ready in less than a second whether it is worn on your head or on your face, is big Cat eye sunglasses mine £10 ASOS which I think is a bargain they just shout ‘celebrity’ so put them on when you can just like me (any excuse will do) and watch the heads turning!’ 

1 comment:

  1. I love this look! You pull off monochrome so well.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete